Is Poker Game Gaining More Popularity Amongst Asian Countries?
There are many reasons as to why poker game has become a popular past time activity in today’s world. However, the main reason is entertainment without doubt. Another thing that people commonly like is travelling. If you are a passionate gambler, the casino destination in Asia is the right choice to be. There are different forms of gambling around Asian culture. In China, it is common for people to play Mahjong as a form of gambling. Furthermore, in Japan, pachinko parlours can be found all over major cities. Gambling is very huge in Asia and it is the main source of entertainment for most of them.
However, why poker isn’t as popular as mah-jong? Mahjong was invented as early as the 14th or 15th century during the Ming Dynasty. The first pachinko parlour was opened in Japan, 1930s. Subsequently the game became popular in the country much before poker become a worldwide phenomenon.
Poker never really took hold in Asia as much as mah-jong ever did. Although in some countries like Vietnam, they do have a bigger affinity for it than the rest of the continent. For many Asian people, gambling isn’t just a form of gambling but also a deeper meaning that is rooted in their perception of life. The concept of luck plays a much important role in Chinese culture and what is a better way to test if you have luck by your side than gambling.
Poker doesn’t really fit in here because first of all, poker hands often take too long to finish thus taking the excitement out of it. Secondly, poker is more than just sheer luck. It needs skills along with luck too which makes Asian gamblers to turn away from poker.
However, in the past years, Asians are more openly trying out poker and considering that the possibility of live poker tournaments becoming immensely popular in Asian Countries considering that the government noticed that poker can boost state revenue. Poker can and might thrive bigger in the Asian market as more and more people develop a taste for poker. Some Asians wouldn’t think twice about making a career out of playing poker. For instance, Naoya Kihara has turned out to be the first Japanese Poker Player to win the World Series of Poker Gold Bracelet and Yoshitaka Okawa became the champion of the Macau Poker Cup Red Dragon Main Event recently.
What Are The Benefits of Playing Poker Game?
Playing poker is fun but the big question is if it is actually beneficial to your life? Well, what if we told you that there are some benefits that come behind playing poker? Well, we are here to tell you that there are benefits when you play poker. The benefits will be stated as below:
- Poker helps and improves on learning and studying ability
- Poker helps to boost mathematical skills
- As Poker is a social game, it helps to improve and develop better social skills
- Poker also teaches patience as it can be a long game.
- Poker also develops logical thinking skills; some games you would not know the other players and won’t be able to guess what cards they hold or how they play. It takes a bit of logical thinking at every step of the process to ensure the information you need to have the upper hand.
- Poker helps you to focus better. In order to win, you will need to be very observant and it is less likely that you will win a game if you get easily distracted by what is going on around you.
- Poker can be played by anyone and everyone. It is a very inclusive and disabled-friendly game. Poker is a unique game where everyone can learn, play and enjoy.
- Poker helps you to develop a skill in reading people and situations. For most people, reading others can be hard. Poker teaches us that you will need to be able to assess other player’s behavior and understand the overall situation better in times needed.